There are millions of websites trying to get listed in the top 20 spots of the major search engines. That amounts to a lot of competition! I say if you can’t get listed at the top, indirectly get to the top.
How do you do this? Look up the top 20 websites on the major search engines under the keywords and phrases people would find your website. The key would be to then advertise on those websites.
The most expensive way would be to buy ad space on those websites. If you don’t want to spend any money, you could use the ten strategies below. These strategies may not apply to every website.
1. Participate in their discussion boards. You could post questions, answer other people’s questions, and join in on conversations. Just include your signature file and link at the end of your messages.
2. Ask the website owner if they would like a free eBook to giveaway to their visitors. You could have them link to your website or include your ad in the free eBook.
3. Submit content to their website. You could write articles for their website and include your resource box and link at the end of the article. If they publish it, you’ll indirectly be at the top of the search engines.
4. Write an excellent article review of their website, products, or services. Then publish the review on your website. E-mail the website owner and tell him or her about it. They may link to your website so their visitors read it.
5. Ask the owner of the website if they would want to trade advertising. If you don’t get as much traffic as they do, you could throw in some extra incentives.
6. Propose a cross-promotion deal with the website. You both could promote each other’s products or services together in one package deal. This means a mention and link back to your website.
7. Give the website a testimonial for their product or service. Include a little text link for your website with the testimonial. You never know; it could end up on their ad copy.
8. Post your advertisement on their free classified ad section on their website. You want to be sure you have an attractive headline, so they will read your ad.
9. Post your text link on their free-for-all links page. You want to go back and post your link regularly so it stays towards the top.
10. Sign their guest books. You could leave a short compliment about their website on their guest book. Just include your signature file and link at the end of your message.
If you’ve picked some pointers about marketing and internet marketing, especially search engine marketing that you can put into action, then, by all means, do so. You won’t really be able to gain any benefits from your new knowledge if you don’t use it.
There are many ways to get listed in the top 20 spots of the major search engine directory. Try our 10 top secret strategies and see how they work. I will post more articles about marketing and internet marketing.